At the founding of Startup Salzburg, the focus was on building better starting conditions for startups in Salzburg. New service programs were intended to make it easier for young founders to jump into entrepreneurship and bring fresh wind into the innovation ecosystem in the region. During this time, many new startup formats were brought to Salzburg, such as hackathons or innovation days. The Startup Salzburg Weekend, a 48-hour compact format in which teams work on innovative ideas with the support of experts and mentors, was also first implemented in 2016.
The service concept takes center stage
The plan worked out: Many innovation formats were tried out and the focus was on their own services. Today, a diverse mix of targeted support is offered for the local startup scene. The services of Startup Salzburg are versatile and are continuously adapted to the needs of the region.
For all those interested in starting a business who are looking for orientation and support, there are three areas:
- CHECK provides consulting sessions where ideas are analyzed.
- The pre-startup program SHAPE supports the development of a marketable business model and lasts about four months.
- The FACTORY is the in-house incubation program that makes participating startups ready for market entry in around nine months.
These offers are complemented by three entrepreneurship formats that round off the range of services offered by Startup Salzburg:
- The continuing education program Entrepreneurship ABC offers practice-oriented knowledge around entrepreneurship on topics such as ideation and design thinking, business modeling, or startup formalities and takes place monthly.
- In the workshop formats, such as the weekend, founders work together on business concepts.
- And at networking events, mutual exchange and feedback are the focus, including the Demo Day or the Gründergrillen (Founder BBQ).